Gastroenterology is the study, diagnosis, and treatment of the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The GI tract includes the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine and its related organs the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
Regional Gi gastroenterologists treat a variety of GI conditions, including but not limited to:
- Colon cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Stomach and duodenal ulcers
- Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver disease (hepatitis/cirrhosis)
- Gall bladder diseasePancreatitis
Our gastroenterology specialists have expertise in performing colonoscopies, the most effective tool to diagnose and prevent colorectal cancer. Screening for colon cancer should begin at age 50, or earlier if you have a family history of colon cancer or polyps.
Regional Gi physicians also perform endoscopic evaluations of the upper GI tract (EGD), bile ducts (ERCP) and pancreas (endoscopic ultrasound).