Below is a recap of our facebook Healthy Living Series for July. Like us on Facebook for more posts about Healthy Living!
Did you know exercise, diet, and nutrition play a fundamental role in colon health? Are you eating correctly? Do you have a workout and exercise regimen? What can you be doing right now to improve your overall health and wellness? This week, we’ll be covering food, fitness and their role in living a healthy lifestyle.
1. Are you taking the time to warm up, stretch and cool down during your workout routine? Preparing for exercise not only decreases the likelihood of injury during activity, but also allows you to maximize your performance. The American College of Sports Medicine recommends stretching each major muscle group for 60 seconds before and after your workout. Staying flexible helps you operate at peak performance!
2. Happy Fourth of July! Summer is a great time to enjoy fireworks and back yard barbecues. Unfortunately, some of the foods we eat during our summer festivities don’t always agree with us. If possible, substitute lean cuts of meat like pork or chicken for that traditional Fourth of July fare. Need a great grilled chicken recipe? Check Health Magazine’s list of healthy grilled chicken recipes. CLICK HERE
3. Avoiding dehydration during the hot summer months helps maintain healthy digestion. Drink plenty of water and avoid those sugary, carbonated, and artificially sweetened drinks. These types of beverages draw water from the body and can speed up dehydration!
4. Did you know aerobic exercise such as bike riding, brisk walking, and swimming can help with digestive health? Why not try yoga? According to CNN Health, stress can contribute to irritable bow syndrome and indigestion. Yoga is a great way to alleviate some of the stresses in your life while improving your balance and flexibility! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
5. Developing proper nutrition is a key factor in maintaining or improving your gastrointestinalhealth. Foods especially high in fiber contribute to gastrointestinal wellness. Here, HealthMagazine covered some do’s-and-don’ts when it comes to healthy food, preparation and digestion. CLICK HERE